TÜV SÜD is one of the leading companies providing validation and verification services for CDM and JI projects according to the Kyoto Protocol. Audits have been carried out for hundreds of emission reduction projects worldwide within all relevant project categories. The market for Verified Emissions Reductions is growing dynamically around the world. Transparency and confidence in the voluntary offset market is still vague. As a response TÜV SÜD developed the VER+ Standard.
What is VER+?
The + makes the difference.
The VER+ Standard
- Is easy to use, robust and valid worldwide
- Is streamlined with the requirements of the Kyoto mechanisms
- Provides transparency and credibility based on clear and exact requirements
- Attracts and assures customers, sustains best practice and demonstrates market
There are clear benefits to the user of VER+:
- You receive a standard quality similar to the CDM/JI level
- You save time by using VER+ due to fewer institutions involved
- You increase transparency and creditability of your carbon project
international reputation of the TÜV SÜD brand also ensures that our reports
and certificates meet with the highest level of acceptance.
Who should use VER+?
- Party in a country that has not ratified the Kyoto Protocol
- Project owner of CDM project who want to use VER+ as Pre-CDM
- Project owner of a very small project
- Project owner whose projects falls outside the scope of CDM
- Companies that incorporate VER credits into their corporate or public climate
change mitigation programme or use them to offset emissions related to specific
activities, processes or products.
If you have questions, advice, suggestions or comments on the VER+ Standard , please contact email@example.com
VER+ Standard Version 2.0
VER+ Standard Version 1.0 (expired)
Product Information Sheet
TÜV SÜD Industrie Service GmbH
80686 München, Deutschland
Telefon: +49-(0) 89 5791-1554
Examples of VER+projects
About TÜV SÜD Climate Change